Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lunch with Marissa

My cousin's wife, Marissa was in Atlanta for a few days attending a PA convention at the CNN Center so on Monday we met up for lunch. Since season passes for Six Flags were on sale on Monday my friend Jesse Lloyd came with me so we could get our passes after lunch.

Once we got to Atlanta Jesse and I were looking for the cheapest parking lot. We finally found one that you could use your credit card and it was four dollars for the whole day. I got in my parking spot and the second I opened my door there was a really skinny older man standing outside of my door with a fanny pack on. He spoke really fast (I have a hard time understanding the thick southern accent sometimes) and told me that because it was Memorial Day if I used my credit card it would be $8 but if I paid with cash it would be $5. I didn't have cash, but Jesse did so she handed me a $20 and I'd pay her back. I asked the man if he had change and he said he did. I handed him the $20 and he gave me a blue ticket. He started walking away and said he'd go get my change. He was walking really quickly and I walked around the corner to see if I could see him, but he was long gone. Jesse and I then noticed the sign in the parking lot that said, "NO ATTENDANT ON DUTY." This car then pulled up next to us and asked us who that man was, we told them what had happened and they laughed at us blonde girls from Utah. I guess we learned our lesson. Not a very good experience for our first time in Atlanta without our husbands.

Lunch was delicious and it was so fun catching up with Marissa. She is such a cute girl!
The ticket on the right is the legitimate one, I guess parking was $24 for me on Monday

5 comments:

Janet said...

I'm glad you got to have lunch with Marissa. You two are cuties! Sorry about the $24 parking. At least you are only out $20 and maybe he needs it more than you do. Think of it as sharing with the poor.

Jeanette Cox said...

Maybe if you hadn't given him the money he could have hurt you or your car. So at least you were safe.

Marissa said...

Thanks again for making the drive down for lunch. Sorry you got ripped off, but at least it makes for a good story.
P.S. The fonts look good! :)

Troy said...

Never trust an adult male with a fanny pack.

Richard said...

It's great you got to link up with Marissa. Live and learn about the fake ticket attendant.