Sunday, November 20, 2011

pinterest recipe review

sooo i've tried cooking many recipes that i have found on pinterest. to be honest, i've been highly disappointed. even trevor has requested that i stop trying recipes that i find on pinterest. i think it is because most people pin and repin them because they look good, not because they've tried them and they taste good. anywho, i figured i would post some of the ones i've tried and if we liked them. i wanted to save all you readers your time and money. so here goes.

cheesy chicken lasagna: okay so this one was okay. it was a little bit dry; too many noodles for the amount of sauce. it wasn't good enough to make again.

chicken broccoli supreme: this meal one was okay. definitely too many ritz crackers; do half what the recipe calls for. i won't be making it again.

baked potato soup: according to trevor, this soup was, "very creamy" but not in a good way. i liked it with cheese and bacon bits. if trevor liked it i would probably make it again.

chicken linguini: this is a weight watchers recipe, so i knew it wouldn't be extremely delicious. i like the idea of linguini with broccoli and chicken, but the sauce really was not good. i will definitely not be cooking this again.

santa fe chicken salad wrap: not good. i made this for my mom and me for lunch one day and she said she liked it, but she's too nice and not picky at all. it was too sour creamy for my liking.

lasagna soup: we had friends over when i made this soup. everyone seemed to love it except for me. i would make it again because it was a hit with trevor, but it wasn't my favorite soup.

crockpot hawaiian bbq chicken: pretty good, i should have had my chicken in the crockpot for longer than i did. but i still didn't love it.

crockpot orange chicken: straight up, nasty! this was not good at all. waaay too orangy.

s'more pie: trevor really liked this pie. i thought it turned out pretty well, but i would make it with milk chocolate instead of bittersweet. it was sooo rich with the dark chocolate. i'll probably try this one again.

banoffee pie: can you tell my husband likes pie? to quote him, "make me a pie, woman!", a total joke, but i like to follow through on his humorous demands occasionally. this recipe was very tasty. i will cook it again someday when i have more self-control. i learned that boiling sweetened condensed milk turns it into carmel. i should have let it cool longer before putting together the pie, though.

dole pineapple whips: nooo bueno. did not like these at all. but maybe this one is just me?

well i'm sorry if you read this post and thought, "wow, jenny sure is negative" or "boooring", but i figured i would save some of you avid pinterest followers your efforts by posting some of my likes/dislikes.

3 comments:

Mindee said...

Thankyou for posting about some meals you found that werent exactly as good as it looked on pinterest! I want to make things all the time, but im not always trusting of what there is on the internet? Its a gamble!{guess I wont know unless I try) Im glad you liked at least one of the things you made..go you for cooking so much!
I bet Trevor is excited for all the pie on Thanksgiving : )

Laura H said...

I plan to send you the apple pie recipe I make Todd. It's the way he grew up with his Grandma making it. It's super easy and YUMMY! I had some today! I'm sure Trevor will enjoy it.

Jared & Jenny Petersen said...

Ok so at least i wont waste anymore time looking at the food items! Thanks for sharing