Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Small and Simple Things

In Trevor's Mormonism class he took at UVU he learned about a research study that was done to determine what keeps Mormons active in living the Gospel. In the research done the results showed that there are two things that predict activity in the church and they are personal prayer and personal scripture study. I thought that this was interesting because so frequently we talk about members who served missions or got married in the temple and then slip away, but it is the small and simple things that really matter most. I remember when I was in Primary and Young Women's the golden answer to just about any question was that we need to be reading our scriptures and saying our prayers, but it is because it is so true! It was a good reminder for me and put things into perspective. I need to make time each and everyday to have personal prayer and personal scripture study.

3 comments:

Janet said...

The sacred grove - most important part of the day!

Gram said...

Jenny this was a special post and I am happy you have learned that also from your Mother's example. You are a special person in my life!

Richard said...

It's true--personal religious observance on a daily basis is the key!