Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Positive Psychology

I am taking some really interesting classes this final semester at UVU. I am currently taking Family Finance, Applied Marriage, Learning Memory and Cognition, and Positive Psychology. I have really loved my Positive Psychology class. The teacher is really sweet and he has us doing weekly activities that can be challenging, but that are really insightful.

We were required to take on online questionnaire that told us what our top five strengths are. Mine are:
1. Gratitude
2. Spirituality, sense of purpose, and faith
3. Capacity to love and be loved
4. Hope, optimism, and future-mindedness
5. Caution, prudence, and discretion

This week's activity is to use one of our strengths daily. I have been working on showing my gratitude. I have loved the opportunity to push myself to be better so that I can lead a meaningful life. Yay for a psychology class that doesn't focus on mental disorders and problems, but rather about being happy and having a meaningful life!

3 comments:

laura said...

Wow. Those really are your amazing gifts, Jen. I'm so glad you're my sister. Love you.

Karrissa Winward said...

Those definitely are your strengths and characteristics! Love you!

Troy said...

Jeanette and I have talked about the gratitude you show to us. You always say thanks before leaving the house and within a few minutes are on the phone texting to say thanks again. I know this is from the heart and hopefully it also keeps your mind off Trevor's driving. #6 Patience #7 No tickets hahahahahahah!!