Monday, June 6, 2011

Airport Phone Call


We got to talk to Michael today. He is at the SLC airport getting ready to fly to Japan, and then to Korea. I am SO excited for him. Not only is he going to serve the Lord by teaching the Korean people the Gospel, he gets to return to the place where we spent three years of our childhood. He is already excelling in the Korean language, and is so excited to share his testimony. He got a Korean Book of Mormon in hopes of giving it to someone on the airplane. He recently told us that he is so excited to bring families together to be sealed forever because his family is the most important thing in his life. Michael has sent the most uplifting and inspiring emails each week and I'm sure they will only get better as he is in the mission field.

My heart feels so grateful to the missionaries across the world, specifically Michael. He has brought so much joy and so many blessings to my family already and his mission has only just begun.

1 comment:

Troy said...

You're a great sister to Elder Rife little Jenny! I remember taking a British Book of Mormon with me on the airplane to give it to a potential member when I flew to England. I was pretty much fluent in the British language before I left the MTC and back in the day we only stayed for 3 weeks. I know, we were a special generation.