Friday, March 4, 2011

Vegas

Trevor and I have been saying that we want to go to Vegas and visit our cousins and friends for months now, and finally decided to do it! We started the drive on Thursday afternoon and made it in exactly five hours.

We started out our little vacation with Karrissa and Joe and their girls, McKinley and Kylie. Karrissa is a fabulous cook and had homemade wings ready for us when we got there. The girls wanted to take us to Yogurtland, so we went there for dessert. I loved it. Trevor didn't choose the best flavors, really pistachio? Ha. Joe has a motorcycle and let Trevor drive it to Yogurtland, which he loved. Trevor looked so giddy! When we got back McKinley wanted Trevor to take her for a little ride.

I may not be ready for Trevor to get a motorcycle just yet, but he sure looks good on one.
When we got back from Yogurtland the boys had to play some Call of Duty together while we got the girls ready for bed :)
The next morning the plan was for Trevor and Joe to go golfing, but it was so windy that they came shopping with us instead. We went to the Town Center and did some shopping at H&M and then went to the Bellagio Gardens and ate some yummy crepes and gelato.

Town Center
The Bellagio Gardens
"I'd rather be golfing."
After we ate yummy crepes (our dessert first) we headed to dinner at BJ's. We were hoping my other cousin Jake and his wife Marissa were going to be able to come, but she had a soccer game. Missed you guys! We had so much fun spending a few days with Karrissa and Joe. They are so fun; we loved every minute! After dinner we headed over to visit our friends Tanner and Cami.

Tanner and Cami were in our ward before they moved to Vegas. We used to spend every weekend together; you could usually find Cami and I chatting while Tanner and Trev watched UFC fights or played video games. We have missed having them close by and had so much fun catching up. They recently bought a house and it is so darling.

Saturday morning Tanner and Cami treated us to one of their favorite restaurants that has chicken waffles. Trevor loved the chicken waffles and I enjoyed my veggie omelette. After breakfast we went and saw Just Go With It. It was hilarious! I laughed through the ENTIRE movie. That night we went to dinner at a Japanese restaurant and watched the UFC fights at Cami's parents house. It's embarrassing to admit, but I actually enjoy watching the fights and know a lot of the fighter's names and the names of moves.

Chicken waffles
Trevor and Tanner
Cami and me

Sunday afternoon we went and visited Kayla, Trevor's cousin and her cute daughters. Kayla made us lunch and showed me some new crafts she's been working on. It was so fun to see her. She is such a cute girl and a really great mother.

We started our drive home in the late afternoon and made it home around 11 PM. It's always nice to get back to your routine after a vacation. We had so much fun and were so glad we could spend time with people we love who we don't get to see as much as we'd like. Thanks for having us guys!

And the best news of all -- NO SPEEDING TICKETS! Woo hoo.

5 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Thanks for coming! I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend!

Gram said...

It looks like you had a terrific weekend in Vegas. You look so good with the Winwards and the kids are darling. It is nice you also got to spend time with other friends too.

I loved the part of NO TICKETS!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

The speeding ticket thing made me laugh so hard, I swear Paul and I budget that in now when we take trips home.

Eric and Shayly said...

:) So much fun.. You are such a cutie!!

melissa marie said...

Jenny I just found your blog! We love vegas. Glad you had a fun time. My blog is private, if you want an invite email me at crazyboutdance@hotmail.com