Wednesday, January 26, 2011

reading.

I have been a horrible blogger lately. Trevor and I are both busy with school. We are getting excited as graduation seems to get closer and closer. Trevor should graduate in December and I am hoping to either graduate this summer or in December with him. I guess I surprised myself, I was never completely planning on graduating from college, but now that it is close I am so happy that I will be a college graduate. I have learned a lot about myself and about the world. It's been good.

I am taking 18 credits this semester which I thought would keep me busy, but my classes aren't too bad this year. I decided to start reading some books for fun to help keep me busy. I just finished reading The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura. It was a very interesting book and made me want to be a better wife. The goal of the book is to take the focus away from the feminist mentality (which is so dominant in my major) and rather think about how to be a good wife to the person who should be number one in your life, your husband. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to all wives out there.

I am also reading the Five Languages of Love. Before now I had only read novels and fun books, but I am enjoying reading books that teach me things that are applicable to my life. Although, I did just order two easy reads from half.com :) Laura recommended Princess Academy and Austenland by Shannon Hale so I am excited to read those as well.

I guess the point of this post is just that I love reading.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Reading is a fun pasttime - you can learn and be entertained. I'm glad you like reading! Me, too! I'll be borrowing those two new books when you're done!

Gram said...

Reading is great!! I have always loved to read. I really enjoy fiction but have been spending most of my time in New Testament background books and RS reading with the scriptures. Every so often though I have to go on a fiction binge. (Enjoy the reading while you can. Your eyes don't work so well when you get in your 70's.)