Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pine nuts

Seriously, there is something about pine nuts that just makes me happy. I think it's because 1.) they taste so good, and 2.) they bring back memories of my Papa (my dad's dad). He was definitely a pine nut lover and whenever it was fall, you know Papa had pinenuts to share with all. My dad has now taken on that tradition.

I love fall. I love the brisk feeling (sometimes), the pretty colors, the decorations, the clothes, and the food; pine nuts are a sign of fall. When you get married you really start thinking about the traditions you will carry on in your family, and this is one that although seems small and simple, really means a lot to me.

3 comments:

-nick and whitley- said...

wow!! i don't know too many people that eat or love pine nuts! i LOVE them and my dad is JUST like yours in this sense. always has pine nuts and loves to share! aww.. what a great tradition!

Lyndsi said...

I LOVE this post because as a little girl, my dad and I would always sit and eat pine nuts together. It's a simple memory that will stay with me forever! Thanks for reminder! Hope all is well :)

Gram said...

We love pine nuts, also. It is a good tradition to carry on. Hope you have a good time in NYC. We'll be thinking of you.