Saturday, August 15, 2009

8-15-2009

One year ago today we were doing this:


Today we did this:

-Shopping at Park City Outlets

-Dinner at Chili's

-Saw the movie The Time Traveler's Wife

-Ate some of our wedding cake

-Played a game of Cranium

-And enjoyed being together

{When I was done getting ready I came downstairs to these!}

{Remember this vase? Instead of having a wedding book we had everyone carve their name into this vase.}

{After going to Park City we were planning to stop and eat at Trevor's favorite hamburger place, Mountain House Grill. Sadly, it has shut down. Trev was so bummed.}

{He was happy once he realized we could get the 2 for $20 deal at Chili's instead!}

{Eating our wedding cake.}

{lovers}

The perfect word to describe the past year would be, growth. As I look into my husband's eyes today the love I feel for him is so much greater than the day we were married. Everyone says the first year of marriage is the hardest, I never believed them. As we experienced the past year, I'll admit that we had our hard times. But amidst our times of trial we grew closer to each other and closer to the Lord. We have been so blessed. I have had many moments with Trevor over the past year that I will cherish forever. We look forward to another year of marriage!

16 comments:

Richard B said...

Congratulations Jen and Trevor. I am certainly happy for you. How time flies when you are having fun. Keep on keeping! Love you guys!

Kirsten Elaine Nielsen said...

This is erica! You two are adorable and i am so happy for you guys!!

Janet said...

Congratulations! I love you both!

Lyndsi said...

Happy Anniversary! Those flowers are beautiful. I'm glad you had a fun day! I miss you!

Richard said...

Glad you had a great anniversary day!

love, dad/rich

Karrissa Winward said...

Happy Anniversary! You look gorgeous Jenny!

Devri said...

Happy 1 Year Anniversary! You two are just so cute. What pretty flowers and Jenny, you look so beautiful!

Gram said...

I am so happy for you and Trevor. You had a good Anniversary date. The flowers and the girl holding them are beautiful. Yes, I remember the vase as so many had trouble writing on the vase. However, I think it was a good idea and you have it to treasure every year.

Stephanie said...

Congrats on a year! Happy anniversary! Gorgeous flowers.

paige and jord said...

congrats on the first year! can you believe how FAST it goes?
happy happy anniversary!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh happy anniversary!!! I'm glad you had such a good celebration, and that you got to eat your cake! We saved ours but realized it was in Utah when we were in texas last summer so we never ate it :( And I agree, you grow so much that first year. Glad it was a good one for you guys :)

r+s+a laney said...

Sorry we missed it! We will be home next thurs. We NEED to see you guys! Happy one year hooray.

Amy said...

So fun and cute! I hadn't realized it has already been a year! Thats great! Congrats you guys. It so good to see that you guys are so happy and in love. :)

grant + brittany said...

Congrats! Sounds like you had a fabulous day together. :)

Nicole said...

Jenny I am a couple of questions about how you had your guests write their names on your vase? I love this idea.

laura said...

Whoa! 15 comments!

Congrats on your anniversary.

I love the vase idea and the flowers Trev picked are gorgeous.

But not even close to as gorgeous as my little sis and bestest friend!

Love you guys!