Thursday, July 23, 2009

Elder Tyson Cox Returns!

On July 14th Tyson returned home from the Anaheim Vietnamese speaking mission. Lucky for me, I was able to meet Tyson before Trevor and I were engaged while my family was in California, but I was so excited get to know him. Trevor kept saying it's like a peice of him I didn't know.

We picked Tyson up from the airport and then went to lunch. After lunch we did a session at the Bountiful Temple. I had never been to that Temple. It was great to be in the Temple with almost all of Trevor's family (just Taylor and Kelsie missing!)

Later that night we went to the Stake Center where Tyson was released as a missionary. It was a really neat experience and I feel blessed to have been able to experience that with the Cox family.

What an exciting day it was!

{On the way to the airport!}

{Waiting for Elder Cox.}

{Our welcome home signs!}

{Here he comes!}

{Our first (semi-awkwark) hug.}

{All the boys at lunch.}

3 comments:

laura said...

I love your blog look.

And, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Jackie said...

I LOVE Bountiful! There was one time when a bunch of us cousins were all in UT at the same time (didn't happen often) and someone had just turned 12 and we went to do baptisms together and Grandpa Cox went with us. You should ask Trevor if he remembers - I have a picture of it somewhere. I think it might have been his first time through. Fun memories! Glad Tyson is home!

The Robisons said...

Umm, so I tried to curl my hair today and it's a total poof ball. Then I get on your blog to see you have it just how I want it. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get your hair. Oh well... I give up. :)