Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Proposal

Trevor and I are officially engaged! He completely tricked me! So here's the story...

Trevor and I were talking on Saturday, and he told me that he was going to go float down a river in Arizona with his best friend Sammy and wouldn't be taking his phone so he'd call me in about six hours. To me, this meant that he was going to be flying to Utah to propose Saturday night! I kept calling him to see if his phone would go straight to the answering machine, if it did - it meant he was on the plane! So I called him a few times, and each time it rang so I was a little, okay, a lot dissapointed because I thought he was going to surprise me! He eventually called me and told me in DETAIL about his fun day at the river...and then he told me that the reason he took the day off was because he found out that after Monday he would have enough money to buy my ring. He then said he was going to go swimming in their pool because he felt gross from the river. I told him to send me pictures! He sent me two pictures in his backyard in Arizona (which he took the previous night because he knows me and knew I'd ask - he is so sneaky!) This is the point at which I was so sure it was impossible for him to surprise me, he's just too honest! In my journal that night I wrote about how it really didn't matter when it happened because I am so blessed that I get to be with a man like Trevor!

Sunday I just went to church, but while in church Mary texted me. She said she had to take Logan to the cabin up in Sundance to help is Dad and that she had to go pick him up at 4 pm. I told her that I could either watch her kids or come with her - she told me to come so we could have girl talk! She picked me up straight from church and we headed up. When we got there she turned off the car and got out; I'm not going to lie, I was a little disappointed because to me, that meant we would be in there for a while! We went straight to the backyard and I noticed how cool the upper-deck was! Mary told me to go up and see it. As I started walking I noticed the rose petals spread on the ground and candles along the sides of the deck...when I got to the top Trevor Jason was at the top (looking handsom as ever I might add!) I have never been so surprised as I was at that very moment. I couldn't believe that he had actually tricked me!
He gave me Gerber Daisies, my favorite, and we sat at a beautiful candle-lit table. There was Angel Food Cake on the table, also my favorite. Trevor then told me he wanted to give me something..he then PROPOSED! It couldn't have been more perfect. We danced and just kept hugging - it felt unreal. I feel so blessed to get to share my life with a man like Trevor. I got teary eyed while dancing. I felt overwhelmed with gratitude and happiness. Trevor worked so hard for my ring, and it is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. I love love love it! It was a perfect day!

Here's a link to the slideshow Logan made for us of the proposal. He did such a great job, thanks Log! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWNFhagbcso






8 comments:

laura said...

Beee-autiful! Trevor is such a romantic. I love it. And I love this blog!

nanajan said...

Beautiful story! Trevor did a great job - the surprize,the ring, he's a keeper! And you deserve him!

Chelsea said...

yay jenny that is so so cute trevor is a great guy!! i am so happy for you two you will have a wonderful life together!!

Jill Parsons said...

I love your ring and enjoyed watching the proposal video. I am soooooo happy for you.

Karrissa Winward said...

Gorgeous!

Jen said...

Hey Jenny, this is Jen Paxman. Congrats girl!!! Your ring is beautiful and you two look so happy:):)

P.S. Aaron and I feel so old now. LOL

WIKKY said...

What a great story. I already saw the slideshow from Logan on Sunday. YOu guys seem so happy. Congratulations!!!!

Gram said...

The proposal was so sweet! I am glad he was able to surprise you. The ring is absolutely just gorgeous and you are a beautiful couple. I am so happy for you.