Friday, December 23, 2011

Surgery

For quite some time I have had symptoms that have led doctors to believe that I have endometriosis. This couldn't really be finalized until a laparoscopy was done. I had one on December 15th by Dr. Hall up at Davis Hospital. He is the same Dr. who performed this surgery on Mary, twice. Trevor had a final, so he couldn't come with me so he drove me to SLC where Mary picked me up. Mary had her kids go over to friend's house so that she could take me to my surgery and stay with me. I cannot express how grateful I am to her for being so supportive and helpful. She made me feel so much more comfortable and at ease. As soon as Trevor was done with his final he started up towards Layton and by that time I was released and Jeanette kindly drove me to meet Trevor.

Dr. Hall found that I do have endometriosis, so he used a laser to remove built up scar tissue and remove a cyst.

In all, I had a wonderful experience. My nurse was great and got my IV in her first try, Dr. Hall found and fixed my problems (for now), Mary was there to help me through it, I woke up without too much pain, and I didn't feel nauseous at all.

Thank you to those who visited me, brought me meals and treats, and for all of the text messages. I felt very loved and appreciated them so much! And I need to thank Trevor for taking such good care of me as I recovered. 


2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm glad everything well with your surgery. You're brave and Trevor and Mary took good care of you!

Gram said...

You even look beautiful in a hospital gown! I am glad that it was a good experience for you and you had good helpers! I'll have to pat Trevor on the back for taking such good care of you. Sorry I couldn't help you out, but I was recovering too.