Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my beautiful mother's birthday. I went to Mimi's Cafe today with her and my dad for lunch; she loves their corn chowder. I feel so blessed to have the mother that I do. She is so easy going, patient, selfless, loving, and kind. I am grateful that I live close by so that we can do as much as we do together. My favorite times with my mom are our trips to Target (always getting popcorn and a bev), hair days in Layton, running errands, and anytime we are together. 

My mother is a strong woman with great faith, always striving to be better. Ever since I can remember, she has worn a gold necklace with a cross, an anchor, and a heart - faith, hope, and charity. This Christmas she gave Laura, Mary, and me the same necklace. I love it and will always wear it to remind me of my mom and the faith, hope, and charity that she has and that she has taught me to strive for.


3 comments:

Mindee said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet mom! I remember the one time I did meet her, she was so nice and friendly : ) It is such a wonderful blessing to have a great mom. The necklace she gave you girls is beautiful. Its so simple and meaningful!
ps-
Jen your hair is getting so long, its pretty!

Gram said...

Thank you for being such a special friend and personal assistant to your Mother. Not all Mothers are blessed with such good daughters. I have always admired your Mother's necklace an I was thrilled to see that she was able to give you three daughters the same necklace for Christmas. I know it will always be a reminder of her and will help you strive for the same goals.

Janet said...

You neglected to mention that the reason my face is so "cryie" is because of your gifts to me! Thank you!