Monday, July 5, 2010

Lake Powell 2010

At the end of June I spent five days in Lake Powell with the Cox family. Troy and Jeanette flew me out so I could go to Lake Powell with them. We had the best time! I feel so blessed to have such incredible in-laws who make me feel so loved. Since Trevor and Tyson are selling in Georgia and Taylor is on his mission it was just Troy, Jeanette, Kelsie, and me. We stayed on the Squire's houseboat with the Florek's. It was so fun getting to know them and spending time with the Cox's who I hadn't seen since the end of April.

The people who made it all happen: the Squire's and Cox's

Cliff Jumping

I'm horrible at wake boarding, but at least I got up.

I had never seen anyone do this before, but here is Troy bare-footing

Troy slalom skiing

Troy cruising on the wake surf

Jeanette

I finally did it without the rope!

Kelsie is a little pro on the wake surf

Lounging

We decided to try and hold on to each other while being pulled by the jet ski. It didn't work out very well, but we sure had fun!

French braid girls

We went for a little hike on one afternoon. It was so hot!
Gracen, Londyn, Chelsie, Morgan, Kelsie, me, Haili, and TROY

Since we didn't have pockets to hold our treats we had to improvise

Cooling off at the end of our hike

Haili, Gracen, and me

Getting our hair washed; it felt so good to be clean!

We had a blast and I am so glad I got to go to Lake Powell! Thanks again Troy and Jeanette!

6 comments:

Mindee said...

It looks like you guys had a blast!! Lake Powell is so much fun! I love your swimsuit, its so cute!

Richard B said...

Thanks for the Lake Powell post. It appears everyone had a fun time. I'm sure Coxes missed their two sons, as did Jen?!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh man we are going to lake powell in august and this just made me SO EXCITED!!! Can't wait. Looks like you guys had a blast. Your swimsuits are darling Jenny :) You're so cute.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

awww how fun I have not been to Lake Powell since I was a little kid, super jealous!

Anonymous said...

Jenny! Looks like you dominated at lake powell:) remeber when we went? haha good times! Love erica

Gram said...

What a great post on Lake Powell. I am happy you were able to go with the Coxes.

I also thought it was neat that you could go to Eclipse with Kelsie, Jeanette, Mary and your Mom. Glad you made it back safe.