Friday, February 13, 2009

{a walk through memory lane}

Today Trevor and I were at the mall shopping when we realized that Trevor had an appointment to sell food storage in Springville in thirty minutes. We decided I'd just come with to make it faster, so I dropped Trevor off at his appointment and decided to go visit Nanna and Papa's. It definitely isn't the same without the yellow paint, but it still brought back a lot of memories. After that I decided to run into Reams and grab a treat, just like the old days.
Just a few days ago I was cleaning out some of my things and found a talk given by Karen Seamons at Papa's funeral. It was amazing to read and remember what an incredible man he was. She spoke of how Nanna and Papa were always on time to everything, because it showed that they wanted to be there. Karen said that they would still be at each of important events -- and on time! I believe this to be true. They were both incredible examples in my life.




2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm glad you got to hang out in "the center of the Universe" (at least to your Dad) for a little while and enjoy some memories. Nanna and Papa were truly great and wonderful people, and I miss them.

Gram said...

As Gramps said, "Memory Lane" is a nice trip to take. I remember having some good times at that home where your wonderful Nana and Papa lived. They were amazing people!